What is my tax rebate?
It’s the money you can claim back from the government for donations you’ve given over a tax year. You get 1/3 of your donations back for each donation over $5.
How do I donate my tax rebate to UNICEF?
2. Upload photos, scans, or electronic copies of your receipts to your MyIR account. Make sure your receipts include the following information:
- Your name
- the amount you donated
- the date you donated
- a clear statement that it was a donation
- UNICEF’s name and IRD number
- UNICEF’s official stamp or letterhead, and signature
- UNICEF’s charity number
Or, if filing through paper, attach your 2019/20 tax receipts to the form and return it to:
Inland Revenue Department
PO Box 39090
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
3. Once you receive your tax rebate in your bank account you can gift it to UNICEF in one of two ways:
1. Through online banking (see our details below:
Account Number 01-0505-0463764-00
Account Name UNICEF NZ
Particulars Your Name
Code Donor ID number (if known)
Reference Tax rebate
If you do not know your donor ID number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your name, address and amount after you've made the deposit.
2. By calling us on 0800 243 575 to donate via credit card over the phone
By donating your tax rebate to UNICEF NZ you are helping us reach even more children in need